The ideal candidates for the role of Commercial Development Auditor will support the Commercial Development team providing clients with optimal PV and Storage system proposals. This person will provide solutions to complex electrical and mechanical site conditions, as well as multiple design solutions with associated costs analysis. This position will be mainly based in the office and will review work across the entire state.
- Visit sites for all commercial projects, test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring and equipment using testing devices. Document properly for design purposes.
- Review and coordinate with engineer to make plan revisions based on site visit findings
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and ensure compliance with codes. (Ex. Main services needing a replacement, upgrades, or bad breakers)
- Review structural integrity of roof/carports/etc. to identify hazards, defects, and ensure compliance with codes.
- Read, design and confirm that blueprints, SLDs or technical diagrams to install solar systems are up to code and to manufacturer specifications
- Provides solutions on determining how to determine how something is going to be built both structurally and electrically. Be
- Reviews and confirms material call outs and respective budgets based off of finalized designs
- Maintain documentation of designs progression per project for tracking purposes
- Proposes code and manufacturing compliant equipment layouts for each unique commercial site location while considering budget and feasibility
- Provides solutions to complex build outs with detailed directions on structural and electrical challenges; I.E structural support for systems, able to size/recommend changes: transformers, breakers
- Provide support in fine tuning design and engineering process
- Address issues in design to correct course of development if necessary
- Incorporate new products sold by sales into the design of solar projects
- Stay informed on latest solar developments related to code, product functionality, utility interconnections, etc.
- Follow state and local building regulations based on the National Electric Code
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician transferable to the State of Hawaii
- Experience working on commercial and utility grade systems (i.e high voltage, 3 phase, etc)
- 5-10 years of construction and able to apply and understand industry standards and code compliance
- Candidate works well in a small team and has a positive outlook even when challenged
- Demonstrates strong computer skills, detail oriented work, organized, and shows pride in their work