The PV Service Technician is responsible for responding to assigned service calls, monitoring equipment installs, and addressing customer concerns. The overall goal is to troubleshoot and provide accurate solutions ensuring the system is up to par and customers are satisfied. Ideal candidates will thrive working independently as well as closely, with customers. They will be detail-oriented and take pride and ownership of their work. Will maintain a positive attitude even when facing challenging situations.
- Provide on-site maintenance for photovoltaic solar systems while ensuring all safety requirements are met.
- Participate in regular safety practices and learn safety protocols to apply at job sites
- Interpret equipment manuals, schematics/wiring diagrams, and apply logic and patience to resolve complex issues.
- Must be customer oriented in resolving issues by clarifying the complaint; determining the possible root cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to resolve the problem; expediting corrective actions and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Displays professionalism, understanding, tact and technical knowledge in all customer interactions. Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Regular contact with the office regarding service progress with accurate and timely reporting as issues develop and resolve on site.
- Consult with tech support to resolve PV operational problems, including hardware and software issues.
- troubleshoot inverters for ground faults, equipment failure, communicate with vendors for warranty replacements and keep clear documentation of the process
- coordinate with on site IT staff for network access when necessary
- Maintain documentation of case numbers for troubleshooting, RMA numbers for warranty, conversations had with customers and site visits performed
- replace faulty panels/micro inverters/optimizers/batteries/inverters in the field
- Timely submission of job related paperwork and company database updates for documentation of customer related activities.
- Must be independent and can work at customer sites with little supervision.
- Some travel expected.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with colleagues, customers, and vendors
- 3+ of experience within the solar industry or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ideally has knowledge of monitoring systems for PV and PV + storage systems.
- Ensure work performed by all electricians is compliant with current NEC and local codes, and manufacturer specifications
- Valid Hawaii issued driver’s license and a clean driver’s record