The Construction Manager ensures that PV and Roofing projects are planned, coordinated and completed in a timely, efficient, effective and profitable manner. The Construction Manager will be held responsible for all aspects related to all projects on Maui (Residential and Commercial). Even though the Construction Manager delegates portions of their authority to other qualified personnel, they hold total responsibility for the Construction Department. The Construction Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily on-site construction activities for various types of projects including capital improvement, performance contracting, energy conservation and solar. The ideal candidate is present and proactive with resolving any construction site and personnel issues. Specific focus: monitoring job site safety and conducting job site safety meetings, supervising subcontractors and vendors, maintaining project schedules and interfacing directly with the customer. Successful candidates will also provide field support to the office-based Construction, Engineering and Project Development groups when required. In addition, this position is required to be able to lead in an effective manner promoting company goals and objectives while maintaining safety and an engaging work environment.
- Oversees the Construction department to ensure project goals are met while maintaining best installation and safety practices
- Maintains schedule and budget for all commercial projects on a weekly basis to ensure proper allocation or to make changes of personnel, materials and or equipment
- Meets on site with the team to ensure that all commercial projects are in line before they start construction.
- Ensures all photos and documentation are uploaded in a timely manner for bonus purposes and progress tracking and quality control
- Weekly reviews upcoming workload with PMs, supervisors, and coordinator to address issues, provide updates, create punch lists and follow through on these.
- Ensures materials, special parts, and heavy equipment are available and reserved with a minimum of two weeks in advance.
- Oversees and ensures that RFIs are processed in a timely manner, ensures that all failed RFIs are corrected within 48 hours by the same electrician.
- Provides technical expertise to supervisors, staff or for construction related any customer facing issues.
- Works with project coordinator to ensure proper allocation of teams based on the commercial or residential workload. Shifting personnel from one team to the other.
- Track kWs built to ensure quotas for the build rate are met weekly, monthly and annually.
- Visit job sites regularly to promote and enforce company practices and policies
- Ensures that safety requirements from OSHA and HIOSH standards are met by the construction team at all times and holding regular safety meetings.
- Standardize installation quality guidelines and ensure that weekly checks are performed on projects
- Meets weekly with the Director of Operations to ensure that the construction department’s performance is meeting the company’s goals regarding build rate and Job cost
- Provides support and communication to the customers if issues arise during the construction phase.
- Demonstrates the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with colleagues, customers, and vendors
- 7+ years of experience in managing teams in building and constructing solar, electrical, roofing, or other similar trades and/or equivalent education
- Experience in the overall integration of design engineering, construction, start-up, close-out, turnover and subsequent O&M of a variety of construction projects
- 30 hour OSHA training and certification
- Familiar with local and national building and electrical codes and permitting
- Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret plans for solar installations including but not limited to rooftop plans and Electrical SLDs.
- Valid Hawaii issued driver’s license and a clean driver’s record
- Experience in working with Microsoft word applications, Google suite, Netsuite, etc.