As procurement Manager you will be responsible for supporting the operational goals of the Renewable division during the development stage of Solar and Energy Storage projects through construction.
- Define the procurement strategy in line with developers to ensure project proposal have real and accurate information.
- Supervise and ensure the quality of the processes around issuance of POs, invoice approval, via the enterprise system
- Analyze the procurement needs of a project, or sector, consider the competing requirements of price pressure, and transaction cost/level of effort to develop a strategy to identify the equipment and service partners for Renewable Energy Projects.
- Coordinate and lead the bidder conferences (RFP and RFQ), in collaboration with the Project Execution, Operations and Development teams, as needed.
- Work with Project Execution staff to develop technical, temporal, and contractual aspects of procurement packages, manage the issuance, questions (RFI), return, evaluation, and make recommendations with respect to procurement. Work in partnership with Project Execution and Legal throughout the award process to negotiate clauses, terms and conditions of contracts.
- During Project Execution, support the team as required with respect to contract administration, advising on intent, negotiation, and interpretation, including contributing to contractual communications.
- Participate in the close out of Projects to understand the overall outcomes with the goal of building a database of risks, and the cost/energy impact of procurement and execution decisions.
- Build a database of active and potential suppliers of equipment and services by attending shows, and events, by building an approach to qualification of potential partners who align with our Safety, Quality, and Strategic values.
- Build a database of unit costs for key components of Renewable Energy projects, i.e. solar panels, racking, storage units, engineering, civil aspects, etc. with the goal to support the development efforts by providing estimates of potential costs, and risks, in accordance with the appropriate phase of the potential project: high level factored estimates for early phase opportunities, market supported price validation of key cost drivers when seeking Upper Management approval to proceed.
- Act as key user for enterprise system for requisitions, purchase order issuance, invoice approval and variances, supporting existing operating sites, and new projects, through the management of Invoice/Procurement Clerk
- Develop and implement processes to continually improve the Procurement processes.
- Work with other project engineers/managers in the group, as well as external consultants, to achieve his assigned objectives.
- Manage and safe keep all the procurement documentation as per Company structure.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, e.g., supply management (PM), engineering, procurement.
- 8-10 years of experience in procurement, with at least 5 years in the renewable energy field
- Asset: Member of Supply Chain Canada
- Asset: Bilingualism French/English
- Good knowledge of OFFICE suite (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Knowledge of JD Edwards / other ERP (asset)
- Bonus: Engineer degree
- Experience with Energy Storage