The Solar Asset Manager is responsible for the financial oversight, budgeting, financial forecasting and operation and maintenance for energy assets. This role will be responsible for driving the profitability of solar assets through close collaboration with accounting, regulatory, trading, asset development, technical, and related groups. The Asset Manager will ensure that the output of the asset is in line with forecasts, that the production is properly billed and accounted for, that appropriate hedges are in place, that required maintenance is scheduled and completed as required, and that any contractual obligations related to a given asset are fulfilled.
- Maintain an understanding of the underlying project assets and our investment structures (financial, technical & contractual), including managing operational reviews, compliance, financial reporting, and optimization
- Work with operations, engineering, development, legal, and finance on behalf of the asset management
- Manage and monitor compliance in all contracts and activities.
- Identify, assess and support Asset Optimization by preparing cost/benefit analysis for each optimization initiative, considering terms of the contracts associated with the asset, asset performance, engineering cost estimates and implementation schedules from the various subject matter experts.
- Familiarity with computerized DAS/SCADA/Monitoring systems, interconnection agreements and data management
- Monitor system performance and performing corrective actions as required, utilizing both internal and external resources, and maintaining a database with key information of operating projects
- Track causes of system issues and make recommendations to procurement and operations team for equipment selection
- Ability to understand financial models and the potential impact of operations on investments
- Expertise in building and updating financial models
- Ability to define issues, analyze problems, evaluate alternatives and develop sound conclusions
- Responsible for the financial performance of the portfolio, while monitoring sites and making recommendations for O&M teams.
- Project tracking from construction to commissioning to asset management
- Collecting of project data and documentation (construction, engineering, development sales)
- O&M management, purchasing, parts planning, inventory tracking, inventory management, project file management, maintenance reporting
- Utilize internal production reporting platform for tracking system production across fleet
- Prepare periodic asset management reports (including operational and financial performance)
- 2+ years of experience from another developer, ideally solar, but flexible with other renewables.
- Degree in engineering or any other technical field.
- Preferred in Northeast, but flexible to remote with periodic travel to the office.
- Experience with solar contracts (PPA) and interpreting key terms and data
- Knowledgeable in standard applied codes such as the NEC