The Business Development Manager of Alternative Energy is responsible for understanding the market needs and aligning them to the product offerings to grow the revenue within the North American Market. Opportunities are researched and promoted to the Sales Manager and corresponding Field Sales Engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to build the market by locating, defining, and developing opportunities within the "energy connector" market in North America.
- Instrumental in identifying new product offerings, and value added offerings to grow the valuation of the opportunities within the market space.
- Identify thought-leader ideas by researching the industry and related needs and changes to the market.
- Locates and proposes potential business opportunities by contacting potential partners and customers.
- Clearly understand and convey to the Sales Department, company philosophy, policies, and objectives.
- Prepare Monthly Status reports and collect information from sales team.
- Collaborate with Sales Managers to create new strategies to promote and grow the energy connector offering into the market.
- Direct and indirect participation in organizations and committees to promote the energy connector system, and to understand the market and regulatory demands from the market.
- Understanding the key competition’s marketing and sales strategy, product offering (including new product development) to ensure company remains competitive in the market segments.
- Maintain up-to-date information on competitors and implement strategies to minimize risk to energy solutions
- Analyze business opportunities and direct personnel in making sound business decisions with regard to future potential and return on investment.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of product applications in every one of the major Industry categories. The Business Development Manager should be well-versed in sales strategies necessary to overcome customer objections, meet competition, and generally promote the sales of solutions.
- Ability to recognize the need for extensions of existing products, new products, and new markets which will enhance the growth of the Company and be commensurate with its profit objectives.
- Assist in setting and continually revising annual sales goals that are demanding, yet attainable.
- Assist in setting sales policies and ensuring they are clearly understood, followed and consistently reviewed.
- Assist in supporting local Marketing to effectively promote products.
- Be strong, confident and inspirational in mentoring and training Sales personnel.
- Possess strong decision making skills and the ability to make decisions in a timely manner. Must display a willingness to take reasonable risks within the bounds of authority and accept responsibility for decisions. Decisions are to be consistent with company policies, procedures and objectives.
- Encourage others to contribute ideas and opinions; listen to these ideas attentively. Effectively communicate with the Sales Department, handle questions promptly and explain decisions thoroughly.
- Effectively utilize time to efficiently manage the Sales Department including personal visits and sales calls with all Field Sales Engineers and management of Inside Sales. Participate in monthly Department and Strategic Planning Team meetings.
- Minimum of 25% travel required.
- BSEE or BSME preferred.
- 3+ years of successful technical sales preferred.
- Proven success of company-direct sales of technical products.
- Strong presentation skills, and demonstrated ability to provide updated presentations to US/EU management and Operating Board.
- Excellent sales and customer skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Be a self-starter and work under limited supervision.
- Be able to use critical thinking and problem solving to resolve sales related issues.
- Characteristics would include: driven, ambitious, competitive, optimistic, resilient, analytic, self-starter, independent, entrepreneurial, solution-oriented and influential.