The Account Manager's main function is to grow sales with existing distribution network and develop new distribution accounts. Current distribution mix includes Global, National Distributors and a large number of retailers and wholesalers. The different distribution networks require varying strategies considering product portfolio, pricing levels, incentives, training, logistics and inventory levels, marketing and on-site support. The Account Manager will develop and implement strategies in collaboration with the NA and Global Headquarters.
- Identify relevant distributors in North America and their market focus and segmentation
- Full analysis of the core distributors including structure, sales concept, pricing strategy, logistics, competitive environment and fit for our products.
- Develop targets for each distributor and strong tracking systems to measure progress and results.
- Maintain and analyze distribution product portfolio, analyze trends and necessary adjustments to increase turnover of specific product groups.
- Support creating, maintenance and record keeping of distribution agreements.
- Create tailored introduction presentations for new distributors and training material for existing accounts.
- Frequent event coordination to promote our products.
- Strong data management skills to manage point of sales reports, forecasting and other KPIs.
- Preparation of progress reports for weekly meetings and presentations to Senior Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and opportunity identification.
- Excellent understanding of competitors and strategies for each.
- Effective use of Dashboards and KPIs to measure progress and results.
- Work with various stakeholders for local and global strategy Implementation.
- Strong time management to efficiently cover the North American market and perform call reports, correspondence, and other admin duties.
- Develop good communication and rapport with the decision-making personnel and with all staff at customers and headquarters.
- Keep up with industry trends and new product developments. Keep management informed of competitive activity and business conditions.
- Maintain a record of the location of all company property.
- Assist in setting annual sales goals. Maintaining demanding, yet attainable making periodical adjustments.
- Assist in setting sales policies and ensuring they are clearly understood, followed and consistently reviewed.
- Mentor and managing distribution partners and be able to proactively evaluate their performance
- Possess strong and logical decision making skills. Must display a willingness to take reasonable risks within the bounds of authority and accept responsibility for decisions.
- Effectively communicate with the Sales Department, handle questions promptly and explain decisions thoroughly.
- Attend networking events, tradeshows, webinars, expert panels, certification groups, publish white papers, and other marketing events.
- Monitor social media platforms to ensure on-going compliance
- Technical degree or Business degree, BS preferred
- 2+ years of successful distribution management experience.
- Be a team player and a self- starter
- use critical thinking and problem solving to resolve customer issues.
- 50% Expected within USA/ Canada
- Occasional travel to Europe/Mexico