As Principal Analyst you will be responsible for analytical solutions leveraging data in a client facing analyst role while providing backend data set builds. You will lead the development of our power market and price forecasting analysis, develop advanced analytical models (including linear program dispatch models) that leverage large data sets to simulate hourly power markets, and work closely with our clients to create customized solutions for their most pressing and complex problems.
Additionally you will participate in conference calls, virtual and in-person meetings with clients and prospects, leveraging and demonstrating our solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a US power market analyst / modeler leveraging dispatch models such as Plexos, Aurora, PROMOD, or Encompass
- Expertise and comfort working with large datasets
- Programming, database and software skills (VBA, Python, Excel, SQL)
- Strong analytical abilities including statistical methods and optimization concepts
- Have experience or a demonstrable passion for renewables project design or power markets
- Deep intellectual curiosity with a results-focused relentless pursuit of answers and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, embrace change and manage ambiguity
- Ability to work in a team setting with others from varying disciplines
- Excellent writing and communication skills with an ability to articulate complex problems