The Solar Installation Technician will be responsible for residential rooftop solar installations. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working on residential rooftops, have a basic understanding of NEC codes, and a minimum of 1 year experience with Solar installations.
- Assemble, install, or maintain solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs or other structures in compliance with site assessment and schematics. May include measuring, cutting, assembling, and bolting structural framing and solar modules. May perform minor electrical work such as current checks.
- Install Photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with codes and standards using drawings, schematics, and instructions
- Layout, assembly and installation of solar array and mounting hardware
- Prepare and clean-up job site
- Check electrical installation for proper wiring, polarity, grounding, or integrity of terminations.
- Test operating voltages to ensure operation within acceptable limits for power conditioning equipment, such as inverters and controllers.
- Program, adjust, or configure inverters and controls for desired set points and operating modes.
- Install required labels on solar system components and hardware
- Work with the warehouse team to pull materials for each installation job
- Provide an exceptional customer experience to all customers throughout the process
- Determine appropriate sizes, ratings, and locations for all system overcurrent devices, disconnect devices, grounding equipment, and surge suppression equipment
- Visually inspect and test Photovoltaic (PV) modules or systems
- Perform routine Photovoltaic (PV) system maintenance on modules, arrays, power conditioning equipment, safety systems, structural systems, weather sealing, or balance of systems equipment
- Install module array interconnect wiring, implementing measures to disable arrays during installation.
- 1 year experience with Solar installations
- Experience working with electricity
- Understanding of the NEC codes that relate to PV installations a plus
- Ability to Work in Extremely Hot Conditions for Prolonged Periods of Time
- Can lift at least 50 pounds.
- Comfortable on rooftops
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Roofing Installation experience a plus