The Field Sales Engineer's (FSE) focus is to maximize the development of sales potential of Alternative Energy business within the assigned territory. FSE demonstrate a working knowledge of the company's Electrical products in the relevant market and can utilize it to support customer projects, find new opportunities and promote the solutions in the assigned territory. An FSE also demonstrates a working knowledge of the company procedures, shown a willingness to excel in the role and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Actively promote Alternative Energy products in accordance with the policies that have been established by the corporation.
- Strong working knowledge of Alternative Energy and related infrastructure markets and the key customers in this market. Understanding how to leverage products within the market.
- Growing understanding of the geographical territory, its potential, customer personnel and competitors. Demonstrated desire to find new opportunities and excel at networking to become a leader in the market.
- Collaborate internally to assist with the development of new opportunities within the territory with our current products, but also provide market feedback to develop new products to grow the focus market.
- Utilize all available resources in to resolve technical and commercial problems within territory. Handle all complaints and customer dissatisfaction promptly.
- Efficiently manage time to cover the territory and perform administrative duties such as CRM entry, sales reporting, and customer correspondence.
- Develop good communication and rapport with the decision-making personnel and with all staff at customers and HQ.
- Analyze new business opportunities by accounts, type of customer, products and geographic areas. Accurately forecast sales and source new business.
- Has a good understanding of customer’s products and competitive solutions.
- Keep up with industry trends and new product developments keeping management informed of competitive activity and business conditions.
- Maintain an up-to-date customer contact address book listing all customer personnel and their job functions and mailing list.
- Maintain a priority file on active sales projects.
- Participate in Networking events, tradeshows, webinars, and other marketing events.
- Support preparation of Monthly Sales reports.
- Minimum of 50% travel required.
- BSEE or BSME required.
- 2+ years of successful field sales experience preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team player and self- starter
- Use critical thinking and problem solving to resolve customer issues.
- Characteristics would include: driven, ambitious, competitive, optimistic, resilient, analytic, self-starter, independent, entrepreneurial, solution-oriented and influential.