The Civil Engineering Project Manager will be responsible for focused business development in the Western US, and daily oversight of current and future renewable energy (wind, solar) projects. The primary function of this role is to provide quality professional civil engineering services to existing clients, as well as proactively expand services to potential clients in the Western United States. In addition the Project Manager implements strategies to expand existing market penetration and grow client base and helps achieve the firm’s BD efforts related to Western United States Energy Sector clients; Serves as the senior technical expert focused on Civil Engineer and Renewable Energy; Proactively manages scope, schedule, and budgets on multiple projects concurrently; Provides QA/QC on designs and reports for project plans, specifications, and reports; Stays updated on code changes, industry trends and technical tools that can be utilized.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. Master’s degree in Engineering or Management preferred.
- Professional Engineering License, and ability to become Licensed in additional states as required.
- 10+ years of experience in civil engineering (renewable energy preferred) with recent focus on business development for a consulting engineering firm.
- Experience with BD and growing client relationships.
- A minimum of 30% Travel for growing client relationships is expected.
- Provide professional oversight of Civil Task Managers, Engineers, and Technicians.
- Experience in preparing all aspects of site development designs, including site layout, grading, utilities, stormwater design, and erosion control.
- Experience in stormwater management and erosion control design and permitting.
- Proficient with site design utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Experience interfacing with state and local agencies.
- Experience in account management and maintaining long-term client relationships.
- Excellent communication skills (writing, verbal, and graphic) and ability to clearly communicate how a given task or deliverable relates to the larger goals for the department and the firm.
- Demonstrated ability to design and administer multiple projects of varying size and scope simultaneously through all design and construction phases.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook applications as well as other computer-based engineering tools.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced engineering environment.