Lead PV Designer will provide design leadership for alluring, high performance BIPV products, systems, and assemblies.
The Lead Designer will work in close collaboration with a global team through research, conceptualizing, prototyping. visualization, and fabrication phases to bring energy solutions to large buildings.
- Innovative thinker with a propensity for out-of-the-box thinking.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems through design iteration process
- Comfortably transition from one task to another when developing comprehensive design solutions
- Presents data internally and contributes to external publications, as needed
- Collaborate/delegate to enhance and streamline development and decision making
- Fabricate or coordinate fabrication for product prototyping efforts, including full scale demonstration prototypes
- Remain engaging with customers/contractors to gain feedback on design
- Interpret feedback from various stakeholders, report on findings and implement into design as necessary
- Bias for action and agile methods, is unafraid to try things as a way of learning
- Support senior designers, engineers, and scientists in R&D team with product development
- Evaluates decisions with a sustainable mindset
- Degree in Industrial Design or related discipline
- 6+ years project leadership and product development experience
- 2+ years designer leadership
- Comfort with prototyping and fabrication equipment such as 3D Printers, CNC, Laser Cutter, etc
- Experience preparing product installation manuals and/or product documentation
- Expert CAD 3D modelling and 2D documentation skills
- Digital rendering and/or parametric/algorithmic modelling experience
- Project management skills, team collaboration, and oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills involving presentation, prototyping, and drawing conclusions based on interpretation of data