Manage and support Residential construction teams. Coordinates, organizes, plans, and schedules various assignments and projects, for a set installation team. Responsible for daily progression of projects during the installation phase. Manages teams to meet or exceed timeframes for construction while maintaining quality workmanship and following safety protocols.
- Review all upcoming jobs for 2 weeks to ensure proper design and provide feedback if needed.
- Create an installation plan and make sure all materials are in the warehouse.
- Assist and manage Electrical teams in the morning to prepare for the day's work by ensuring efficient time management, proper preparation of jobs and following designs
- Perform site visits with PM and site audit team to determine tie-ins, conduit runs, elevation and placement of electrical equipment as needed.
- Review installation packages on a weekly basis with the crew leader to ensure proper documentation, pictures and reports are complete.
- Monitor employee performance of Electricians to determine quarterly bonus, coaching and counseling as needed.
- Conduct employee performance reviews for probation periods, quarterly performance bonus, and annual reviews.
- Maintains open communication with the Construction Manager, Project managers and project coordinator. Respond to emails and or texts in a timely manner.
- Provides constant communication with their crew members and is proactive in accomplishing all tasks necessary for the job.
- Assists in communicating with Administrative staff about personnel, ie, timesheets, absences, status of jobs and bonus tracking information.
- Reviews and orders BOS for projects that are under design review.
- Provides support and troubleshoots for teams.
- On a daily basis performs site visits to review and support crews to ensure quality and progress. Findings are reported to the Director of Operations.
- Provides oversight on all projects and submit reports to construction management of any areas of improvements, effective methods, personnel updates, quality control, etc.
- Completes QC reports, finds solutions and implements better practices.
- Promotes and follows all company’s policies.
- Reviews and updates on jobs on company ERP and provides feedback on delays & special orders. (ie, customer needs to move propane tank, need a specialty order breaker)
- Provides counseling and coaching to the team, documents and submits to HR. Documents accurate bonuses data for field team members on a daily and job basis.
- Demonstrates the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with all colleagues, customers, and vendors
- 7+ experience in managing teams in building and constructing solar, electrical, roofing, or other similar trades and/or equivalent education
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician or 5 years of experience in PV installation
- Candidate works well in a team environment and has a positive outlook even when challenged
- Demonstrates strong computer skills, detail oriented work, organized, and shows pride in their work
- Safety-minded individual who follows and promotes OSHA and company safety requirements
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driver’s record (i.e., no DUIs in the past five years, no speeding tickets over 20 MPH, etc.