As Operations Manager you will manage and support the Residential construction teams. You will coordinate, organize, plan, and schedule various assignments and projects for a set installation team. Additionally you will be responsible for daily progression of projects during the installation phase and manage teams to meet or exceed timeframes for construction while maintaining quality workmanship and following safety protocols.
- Review all upcoming jobs for 2 weeks to ensure proper design and provide feedback if needed.
- Create an installation plan and make sure all materials are in the warehouse.
- Assist and manage Electrical teams in the morning to prepare for the day's work by ensuring efficient time management, proper preparation of jobs and following designs
- Perform site visits with PM and site audit team to determine tie-ins, conduit runs, elevation and placement of electrical equipment as needed.
- Review installation packages on a weekly basis with the crew leader to ensure proper documentation, pictures and reports are complete.
- Monitor employee performance of Electricians to determine quarterly bonus, coaching and counseling as needed.
- Conduct employee performance reviews for probation periods, quarterly performance bonus, and annual reviews.
- Maintains open communication with the Construction Manager, Project managers and project coordinator. Respond to emails and or texts in a timely manner.
- Provides constant communication with their crew members and is proactive in accomplishing all tasks necessary for the job.
- Assists in communicating with Administrative staff about personnel, ie, timesheets, absences, status of jobs and bonus tracking information.
- Reviews and orders BOS for projects that are under design review.
- Provides support and troubleshoots for teams.
- On a daily basis performs site visits to review and support crews to ensure quality and progress. Findings are reported to the Director of Operations.
- Provides oversight on all projects and submit reports to construction management of any areas of improvements, effective methods, personnel updates, quality control, etc.
- Completes QC reports, finds solutions and implements better practices.
- Promotes and follows all company’s policies.
- Reviews and updates on jobs on company ERP and provides feedback on delays & special orders. (ie, customer needs to move propane tank, need a specialty order breaker)
- Provides counseling and coaching to the team, documents and submits to HR. Documents accurate bonuses data for field team members on a daily and job basis.
- Demonstrates the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with all colleagues, customers, and vendors
- 7+ experience in managing teams in building and constructing solar, electrical, roofing, or other similar trades and/or equivalent education
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician or 5 years of experience in PV installation
- Candidate works well in a team environment and has a positive outlook even when challenged
- Demonstrates strong computer skills, detail oriented work, organized, and shows pride in their work
- Safety-minded individual who follows and promotes OSHA and company safety requirements
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driver’s record (i.e., no DUIs in the past five years, no speeding tickets over 20 MPH, etc.