The Solar PV and Energy Storage Director of Business Development is responsible for Business development initiatives in the Mid-West United States, to develop and implement US plans for strategic business development in line with profit objectives, revenues, and bookings objectives. Direct allocation of resources for the acquisition of new business in new markets and the disposition of existing businesses, close additional business with new and existing clients and manage project engagements that results in on-going, retainer work, undertake high level sales and business activities to maximize exposure, and initiate and expand relationships with both international and US banks and investors funding large scale solar projects in US.
The BD Director will also develop strategies for establishing long-term partnerships with clients and for ensuring client satisfaction, develop working relationships with new industry partners such as testing labs or other advisory firms, participate in industry tradeshows and seminars through participation and speaking engagements, oversee deal negotiations, contract development, due diligence, and other business development or alliance development projects, and coordinate with a dynamic team of quality assurance engineers, solar industry professionals, and commercial team members in North America, Asia, Europe and South America along with external partners to execute project engagements for clients in US.
- Bachelor’s Degree: background in engineering / technical / renewables /business administration is preferred.
- 6+ years of professional experience
- Technical knowledge and at least one engineering degree is ideal
- Knowledge of modules, inverters, racking and if possible other BOS components in the solar industry as well as battery storage
- Project management experience in a consulting, market research or services-based business
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Proficient with MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of HubSpot, Salesforce or any other CRM software