This role will provide expertise to work for the Engineering department. To assist with preliminary site visits and complex designs, as well as provide expertise and perform review of single-line diagrams and electrical elevations. This position will be mainly based in the office setting and will review work across the entire island.
- Review/coordinate with engineer with plan revisions based on site-visit findings
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and ensure compliance with codes. (Ex. Main services needing a replacement, upgrades, or bad breakers)
- Review structural integrity of roof/carports/etc: to identify hazards, defects, and ensure compliance with codes.
- Read, design and confirm that blueprints, SLDs or technical diagrams to install solar systems are up to code and to manufacturer specs.
- Create/confirm pick tickets or material lists based on blueprints, SLDs or technical diagrams.
- Maintain documentation of designs progression per project for tracking purposes
- Support designing commercial elevations and providing electrical expertise to more effective installation procedures
- Help fine-tune design and engineering process
- Performs site visits for complex electrical projects, test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring and equipment using testing devices
- Stay informed an follow latest solar developments related to Code (NEC), product functionality, utility interconnections, etc
- Adhere to NEC codes/standards
- 3+ years of Electrician experience
- Strong computer and team work skills
- Detail oriented
- Reliable transportation
- Even-tempered, personable, and positive individual