The Solar Project Developer will manage developing distributed generation solar projects. You will be responsible to attend field site. You will ensure each assigned projects have all the required paperwork, as well as, each project is ready for construction and financeable at the end of the development process. You will be responsible for managing the research, application, submittal, and approval process to governmental entities. The Solar Project Developer will manage all paperwork and communication for land owners and agreements. You will be required to coordinate with internal construction and design teams. The Solar Project Developer will manage the scheduling, coordination, finances, and internal tracking and reporting.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that assigned projects secure all need interconnection agreements, use permits, environmental permits, land entitlement, and revenue contracts.
- Ensure that projects are ready for construction and financeable at end of the development process. Attend field site visits.
- Manage the research, application, submittal, and approval process to local municipal, state, and/or federal offices for zoning, use, and environmental permits.
- With the support of internal engineering resources, manage the interconnection application and study process with Utility partners.
- With the support of internal engineering resources, manage 3rd party design contractors, engineering, and permit partners and review their work product.
- Manage relationships, communication, and documentation for landowners and agreements.
- Coordinate with internal construction and design teams.
- Management of supporting documentation from environmental subcontractors.
- Manage project scheduling, budgeting, coordination, and internal tracking and reporting.
- BS Degree in Science, Engineering, or related field
- Prefer background in solar development, land use planning, and/or permitting
- Minimum of three years experience with renewable energy design and project development
- Direct experience with site acquisition and ground mounted solar project development
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as legal descriptions, surveys, ground leases, easements, environmental reports, and design drawings
- Experience with professional project management in development or construction
- Experience in the solar industry
- Travel may be required