The Channel Manager will lead relationships with EPCs and 3rd party developers that are crucial to the forward flow of C&I solar and battery storage projects. This individual will identify suitable companies, establish long-term partnerships, and secure project flow while qualifying projects that fit the target profile.
Relationship and Strategy
- Establish and grow company's relationships with EPCs and 3rd party developers to originate solar projects
- Foster trust-based, high-integrity relationships with partners through transparency and honesty
- Build strategy for business development in key markets and target best-in-call channel partners
- Contribute to the sales and marketing strategy in target markets and pursue new partner engagements
- Routinely visit in-person with partners to architect sales processes and manage flow pipeline of projects
- Position company as the trusted and knowledgeable partner of choice with exceptional customer support
- Educate channel partners on company's energy solution portfolio and financing options
- Build pipeline for financeable C&I projects by closing deals efficiently with channel partners
- Drive opportunities through negation and agreements with development partners
- Manage deal flow collaborative and transparently with partners for a smooth development process
- Work with internal engineers and developers to structure valuable solutions for partners and clients
- Interface between business development and project developer teams to optimize development
- Manage the transition of contracted projects from origination to construction and operation
- BA/BS degree, Engineering discipline preferred
- 3+ years experience in a Business Development / Sales capacity
- 5+ years experience in Solar Development, Transaction, and Finance related work
- A solid understanding of solar and battery storage project qualification, 3rd party financing, and development
- Relationship-driven with an acumen for building trust and working collaboratively.
- Successful history of managing and developing channel partner relationships.
- Strong communication skills and affinity for negotiation and closing deals.
- Innovative and organized self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.