As the Principal Design Engineer you will be responsible for leadership, engineering specifically, and technical consultation to departments within Uninterruptable Power Supply Division (UPSD), primarily focusing on the UPSD, Quality and Service, and Engineering departments. With the participation of other groups, You be responsible for leading significant engineering projects. For UPSD products and technology, you will be expected to conduct training for customers and employees. You will create and provide advanced technical training on technology and core skill sets for all employees. You will consult on and review USPD development programs and plans. You will participate on standards committees and provide feedback as needed.
As the Principal Design Engineer you will be responsible for provided technical support to product performance, testing and troubleshooting techniques. With coordination from other departments, you will define, review, develop and issue Standard Operating Procedures, Quality System Procedures and required design and quality practices and standards. For local manufactures, you will design and develop peripherals.
Why you should apply:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401K matching for the first 4%, 2% thereafter
- Strong family feel team with a focus on employee engagement
- 100 Year old company focused on quality and ethical relationships
- You can take pride in high quality products delivered to customers on time and on budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum 10 years of experience in a design engineering capacity, or equivalent education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge in troubleshooting electrical systems, providing solutions and root cause reports.
- Advanced knowledge of power electronics and inverter based technologies.
- Advanced interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required to communicate with customers, employees and suppliers.
- Ability to work in a team environment and on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to read, understand and create technical drawings and material.
- Advanced analytical and problems solving skills
- Advanced computer knowledge, with emphasis on MS Office products, CAD software, and ERP/MRP systems.