The Project Development Manager will lead the company's origination and development of commercial solar projects by cultivating commercial real estate (“CRE”) relationships to organically generate commercial solar and battery storage opportunities. This individual will work with multiple partners including property owners, utilities, developers, regulatory bodies, and internal stakeholders while also overseeing multiple projects throughout the development life-cycle to commercial operation.
- Establish company’s commercial real estate presence across key markets in the US
- Strategize outreach and build relationships with property owners to source solar projects
- Develop marketing materials and define company’s value proposition and solar benefits for CRE owners
- Identify and secure viable solar development sites that align with company’s origination strategy
- Qualify portfolios of commercial properties that fit company’s suite of energy solutions
- Manage the solar development process from origination through signed agreements and construction
- Negotiate commercial terms and agreements with CRE owners and local authorities to mutually benefit the customer and company, including letters of intent, PPA’s, EPC Agreements, site control, permits, etc.
- Assist/participate in strategy and development operations to reach Notice To Proceed (NTP) for prospective projects, including underwriting and due diligence
- Manage and coordinate the early-stage development of multiple projects and work with the development operations team to transition NTP projects for construction management
- Serve as point-of-contact with CRE owners and brokers to provide frequent updates on project statuses
- Assist with the preparation of investment presentations and reports to internal stakeholders
- Attend and speak at industry events to market company and the Company’s suite of energy solution
- Acquire market intelligence and drive company’s thought leadership in the industry
- Travel as needed to accelerate project pipeline growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Science, Business Administration, Finance , or related fields
- 4+ years experience in solar development, transaction, and finance-related work.
- Previous CRE exposure and a strong CRE network.
- Strong communication skills are critical, and affinity for negotiation and closing deals is ideal.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, and presentation skills