As the Project Engineer you will evaluate and design projects and manage engineering activities for our commercial and industrial (C&I) energy efficiency, distributed energy generation, and water conservation projects.
- Customer site visits to investigate existing mechanical, electrical, HVAC and energy systems and document energy performance information, including electric utility data, facility equipment assets and architectural / infrastructure drawings.
- Work collaboratively to identify and evaluate opportunities for energy and water conservation, efficiency, and distributed generation. Produce energy savings calculations, develop baseline profiles and provide end-use and retrofit analyses.
- Direct the production of conceptual and detailed engineering design, bid documents, cost estimates, CAD drawings, and project specifications for energy and water efficient technologies and distributed power generation systems.
- Help coordinate of design and development group planning activities in support of construction, quality assurance and measurement and verification.
- Prepare financial models using marginal income tax rates and discount rates to generate ROI, levelized cost of energy, life cycle cost, IRR and other project-specific metrics.
- Develop measurement and verification plans and interact with M&V software vendors.
- Work with local subcontractors to obtain project installation and construction estimates.
- Provide engineering guidance to functional work teams throughout development, construction, project commissioning and operations.
- Ensure successful project completions that meet or exceed company objectives and deliver projected customer energy cost savings.
- Oversee compliance with safety standards, best practices, codes and ordinances.
- Ensure successful project implementation that meets or exceeds company objectives, financial parameters, and technical needs required to deliver projected customer energy cost savings.
- Contribute to overall team education, communication and personal growth.
- Cultivate and maintain positive business relationships.
- Collaborate with the project development team to review and respond to customer project requests and RFPs.
- Build and manage project schedules.
- Manage and promote schedule performance of third-party consultants and SMEs.
- Develop internal company processes with associated sequence and step charts.
- Direct and manage consultants through application processes for EPA permits, building and electrical permits, utility interconnection, property tax abatements and zoning variances.
- Review and approve project drawings, specifications and bid documents.
- Support and provide guidance to project construction managers to ensure successful project completion and delivery, with frequent job site travel during the project construction and commissioning phases.
- Oversee troubleshooting personnel, customer training and project documentation preparation.
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Energy Engineering
- 2-4 years of progressive engineering design and/or project management experience in energy projects such as end user fueled power generation, C&I / utility-scale battery energy storage, solar / wind power generation, CHP, industrial process energy, process automation, electric vehicle charging.