As the PV Solar Design Engineer you will plan and execute designs for ground mount solar panels, canopy, and C & I rooftop systems.
Why you should apply:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Collaborate with manufactures on proper dimensions/selection for equipment.
- Create electrical single line and three-line diagrams.
- Compute electrical calculations for OCPD sizing, conductor/conduit sizing, and voltage drop.
- Collaborate with engineering team to design practical and reliable PV systems.
- Coordinate designs with third party engineering firms.
- Search and use relevant permitting and code requirements to solar designs.
- Work with Director of Engineering to navigate designs through utility approval and permitting.
- Research solar and battery storage solutions.
- Analyze system shading and production utilizing various software platforms including Helioscope, PVsyst, and Aurora.
- Develop code complaint designs based on NEC and applicable utility requirements.
- Basic knowledge of the NEC and IBC.
- Experience using CAD software.
- Basic understanding of PV systems and electrical components.
- 1-5 years of solar PV design experience.
- AS or BS in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of traditional building design and construction techniques.