As the Solar Development Project Manager you will provide real options in the form of power generation and energy storage projects that support the corporation's stated sustainability goals of reducing carbon emissions. You will oversee the development and delivery of projects and/or programs assigned to you while focusing on projects that can achieve project cost and schedule objectives while achieving excellence in the areas of project safety and quality. You will develop large projects or programs of projects. In this role you will be responsible for the management and oversight of all front-end loading stages for utility scale renewable and hydrogen fuel project development and effective hand-off to Capital Projects for successful execution.
You will manage risk to ensure risks are identified and mitigated. As the Solar Development Project Manager you will be responsible for assembling and providing leadership needs of your cross-functional team, technology understanding and experience, and building an effective relationship with all key individuals including contractors.
Why you should apply:
- Diverse, inclusive, safe, rewarding, and engaging work environment.
- Opportunity to advance in your career.
- Develop a power delivering power generation and storage projects project development team that enable the enterprise to meet the stated sustainability commitments safely.
- Understand the requirements and contributions of critical team positions and that of the key stakeholders.
- Lead the project team to develop and execute the project in accordance with the applicable corporate standards and guidelines while ensuring each team member fulfills the responsibilities as require of their roles. Oversees the project team during the development of project deliverables through the internal approval process.
- Coordinate activities of project stakeholders and working groups engaged in project work.
- Maintain and develop the Project Execution Plan and execute the project in adherence with this plan and project documentation. Use previous projects' Lessons Learned and applicable industry experience is incorporated into the project execution plan.
- Manages the project in line with project budget.
- Ensures project controls are implemented for effectively managing project scope, schedule, quality, cost, cash flow, risk, contracts and communications in accordance with the applicable corporate standards.
- Provide up-to-date, concise project status reports and prepare presentations for management.
- Fully understand the contractual aspects of projects and the need to create a contracting strategy that can be executed safely, with high quality and acceptable risk allocation – all while delivering cost and schedule certainty and maintaining expected project economic benefits. Support and/or lead contract negotiations for contracts and fulfill duties as contract manager, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of experience required of this position.
- Experience in project management fundamentals.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology to power generation.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of power generation facilities.