As the Senior Manager Solar Development you will be responsible for overseeing the development and execution of medium to large Power Generation and Energy Storage Projects. While overseeing these projects you will ensure the corporation's stated sustainability goals of reducing carbon emissions are supported, while focusing on projects that have the ability to achieve project costs and schedule objectives safely with excellent quality. While coordinating the efforts of a cross-functional teams, you will maintain an understanding of various low-carbon generation technologies and build effective relationship with key individuals.
Why you should apply:
- Diverse, inclusive, safe, rewarding, and engaging work environment.
- Opportunity to advance in your career.
- While focusing on delivering Power Generation and storage project safely, you will manage the activities of a matrixed, cross-functional development team. Understand the requirements and contributions of critical team positions and the of the key stakeholders.
- In accordance of applicable corporate standards and guidelines, you will lead the project team to develop and execute their respective project(s). During the development of deliverables, oversee the project team through the internal approval process.
- Maintain and develop the Project Execution Plan and execute the project in adherence with this plan and project documentation. Use previous projects' Lessons Learned and applicable industry experience is incorporated into the project execution plan.
- Ensures project controls are implemented for effectively managing project scope, schedule, quality, cost, cash flow, risk, contracts and communications in accordance with the applicable corporate standards.
- Provide up-to-date, concise project status reports for management. Prepare and issue status reports as required.
- Identify and make timely decision while taking prompt action on project issues that could impact project performance. Promptly communicate issues to the next level of leadership.
- Supports negotiations for contracts and fulfill duties as contract manager, as needed.
- In accordance with Company expectations, promote safe behavior and adhere to the safety rules on the project.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field work or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years experience in Project Management.
- 5 years of commercial contracts and experience in the energy/utility industry, strongly preferred.
- Experience in design engineering, system planning, field operations or construction desired.
- Project Management Professional certification desired.