The Senior Project Manager will manage the whole solar construction process for our client's utility and commercial/industrial (C&I) energy efficiency and distributed energy generation projects. This will include conducting site visits, meeting with different engineers and vendors, sourcing materials, etc. The Senior Project Manager should possess a passion for growing the company and driving the adoption of responsibly sited renewable energy.
- Customer site visits to investigate existing mechanical, electrical, HVAC and energy systems and document energy performance information, including electric utility data, facility equipment assets and architectural / infrastructure drawings.
- Work closely with pre-NTP project developers and the design team to value-engineer the project from a constructability perspective
- Develop and manage relationships with equipment suppliers and contractors and compose and run subcontractor RFPs.
- Manage procurement of equipment, including deliver schedules and payment terms.
- Manage construction in the field including coordinating final permits, mobilizations, delivery schedules, and subcontractor oversight through project closeout.
- Help coordinate design and development group planning activities in support of construction, quality assurance and measurement and verification.
- Develop measurement and verification plans and interact with M&V software vendors.
- Provide engineering guidance to functional work teams throughout development, construction, project commissioning and operations.
- Ensure successful project completions that meet or exceed company objectives and deliver projected customer energy cost savings.
- Oversee compliance with safety standards, best practices, codes and ordinances.
- Ensure successful project implementation that meets or exceeds company objectives, financial parameters, and technical needs required to deliver projected customer energy cost savings.
- Contribute to overall team education, communication and personal growth.
- Cultivate and maintain positive business relationships.
- Collaborate with the project development team to review and respond to customer project requests and RFPs.
- Build and manage project schedules.
- Manage and promote schedule performance of third-party consultants and SMEs.
- Develop internal company processes with associated sequence and step charts.
- Direct and manage consultants through application processes for EPA permits, building and electrical permits, utility interconnection, property tax abatements and zoning variances.
- Review and approve project drawings, specifications and bid documents.
- Support and provide guidance to project construction managers to ensure successful project completion and delivery, with frequent job site travel during the project construction and commissioning phases.
- Oversee troubleshooting personnel, customer training and project documentation preparation.
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Energy Engineering
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Code (NEC) and its application to solar photovoltaic systems
- Working familiarity with solar PV and energy modeling applications (Helioscope, PVSyst, EnergyToolbase, eQuest, Homer)
- 3-6 years of progressive engineering design and/or project management experience in energy projects such as end user fueled power generation, C&I / utility-scale battery energy storage, solar / wind power generation, CHP, industrial process energy, process automation, electric vehicle charging.
- Highly proficient in reading and interpreting all design, development and construction documents
- Field experience in installation, startup, and commissioning of solar projects