The Estimating Manager Will be responsible for overseeing the Estimating team on a variety of pre-construction services, design-build projects, and full turnkey projects for various utilities, IPPS, and private clients.
Why you should Apply:
- Ability to work on large scale Solar projects across North America
- Strong team environment that fosters internal growth and development
- 401K with matching
- Yearly bonus structure
- Ability to work remotely
- You will be responsible for bid kick-off meetings and strategy discussions between Business Development, Estimating and Engineering teams.
- You will work on the project execution plan, logistics and schedule with the team, soliciting input from field operations, and analyzing alternative solutions and construction methods with the team to increase competitiveness, analyzing and evaluating bidding risks and strategies, present estimate and participate in bid reviews with senior management, reviewing, analysis and selection of all subcontractor and vendor proposal solicitations and quotation selection while developing relationships with subcontractors and suppliers and creating strategic alliances to ensure competitiveness.
- Additionally you will oversee the preparation of detailed estimated costs for all self-perform work activities (craft hours, labor, material and equipment costs), review cost estimates and proposals prepared by team members to ensure accuracy, including mentorship of estimating staff to ensure individual development and company standards are met, overlooking the estimating workflow, assigning tasks to estimating team and making sure all deadlines are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Engineering Technology or 10 years of applicable construction, estimating and management experience
- 10 years of experience with cost estimating, project management, proposal writing, scheduling, subcontractor/vendor solicitation and quote analysis.
- Experience with HCSS Heavy Bid, Accubid, MS Project, Primavera, AGTEK and BlueBeam, InSite Software is an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of civil and electrical construction. Commercial and Utility scale Photovoltaic and Battery Storage System construction knowledge preferred.
- Experience leading the preparation of multiple estimates and proposals, including identifying risk and opportunities
- Excellent, communication, presentation and problem-solving skills.
*All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire. Must be Legally entitled to work in the US without restriction.