The Director of Estimation and Procurement is a management role who will be receiving and organizing construction bid documents. You will also review electrical construction plan sets to determine the project scope of work and site-specific conditions of importance.
Why you should apply:
- 401k with matching.
- Visit project sites as needed to determine site specific conditions and restrictions.
- Perform accurate, timely, and organized material quantity takeoffs.
- Preparation of complete project material cost estimates.
- Production of in-house project shop drawings.
- Solicit vendor material quotes: compile and review for accuracy, completeness, specification and code compliance.
- Evaluation of quotes and selection of vendors and subcontractors.
- Populate and issue purchase orders to selected vendors and subcontractors.
- Manage logistics of material ordering and deliveries, and coordinate with subcontractors.
- Prepare and submit project as-built documents.
- Assist will daily scheduling efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or related.
- 2-3 years experience in residential or commercial solar development and/or construction, preferably with procurement experience.
- NABCEP Certification
- OSHA Certification.
- Familiarity with electrical/solar industry construction materials.
- Familiarity with electrical/solar industry installation best practices.
- Familiarity with electrical/solar industry codes (NEC) and standards.
- Strong math and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must have basic experience with CAD.
Jesus L. Izquierdo