As the Hydro Operations Supervisor, you will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of many hydroelectric run-of-river power plants within British Columbia through the monitoring and improving the performance of hydro facilities, coordination outages, maintenance, installations, and troubleshooting within boundaries of competency when needed.
Why you should apply:
- RSP matching
- Full benefits
- Excellent work-life balance
- Hybrid work from home schedule (Mon-Weds in office, rest WFH)
- Strong company core values and a positive team oriented culture.
- Provide leadership to operators and be involved in all areas of people management.
- Scheduling and prioritizing weekly work and coordinating projects.
- Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to teamwork, creativity, and positive morale.
- Take a leading role in the development and implementation of all aspects of health & safety policies, practices and programs designed to motivate employees to reduce or eliminate occupational accidents, injuries, and other hazards related to company's operations.
- Track short and long-term plant issues and prioritize, schedule, and coordinate repairs as necessary.
- Maintain close working and harmonious relationships with all external stakeholders.
- Manage and report on plant budget allocations.
- Coordinate and manage minor maintenance and repair work both with internal staff and third-party contractors and consultants.
- Support third party service providers such as engineers and environmental consultants.
- Ensure all environmental responsibilities are adhered to on a proactive basis by working closely with conservation authorities and all applicable government agencies, as required by the site-specific approvals, using the regulatory group to support you in this.
- Valid class 5 driver's license
- Ability to travel within Canada and internationally
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Physically capable of working in various plant and field conditions
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Negative results of pre employment oral swab drug screen and/or breath alcohol test
- Completion of satisfactory pre-employment medical assessment
- Ability to work a varying schedule including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays as well as on-call.