The Functional Safety Manager will help to optimize and improve the architecture of existing batteries regarding functional safety, and create the requirement and architecture for the new battery to meet ASIL-C according to ISO 26262 or SIL-3, to IEC 61508. This role will develop the strategy of functional safety for engineering and development. The functional safety manager will also perform accompaniment, monitoring, control, and support the ASIL-C certification process according to ISO 26262.
- Evaluation of existing battery systems according to functional safety and preparation of the documentation of the battery system regarding the requirements of functional safety.
- Align the product development according to ASPICE and ISO26262 requirements.
- Optimization and improvement of the architecture of the existing batteries regarding safety and functional safety.
- Establish processes and best practices for FMEA, FTA, TSC, etc.
- Conduct software release reviews to identify potential security and functional safety vulnerabilities.
- Establish safety best practices concepts/instructions as well as Functional safety activity planning. Identify and tailor the safety lifecycle.
- Technical evaluation of the supplier for functional safety.
- Technical support for supplier selection, qualification, and audit.
- Review and approve of the technical design.
- Develop training and guidance documentation for all functional safety processes and products.
- Tracking the industry trend and optimizing the system safety design
- Review and evaluate the performance of the team for the ASIL-A or higher standard project
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in mechanical engineering/electrical engineering or a related field or comparable education
- 5+ years of experience in functional safety
- Functional Safety Certification (FSCAE – Functional Safety Certified Automotive Engineering)
- ASPICE and IATF 16949 knowledge
- 3+ years of experience in electrical engineering development and management
- Good knowledge of the architecture of HV battery
- Strong understanding of ISO 26262 and IEC 61508
- Comprehensive knowledge of risk analysis, safety assessment, and FMEA
- Experience with Medini Analyze and/or similar/related software