As Control Center Operator in training you will be responsible for operations, scheduling, monitoring, reporting, real-time functions, and 24/7 operations of the Renewable portfolio. This will be a 12 hour 7 day on 9 day off role. This shift will rotate between weekdays and week nights.
Why you should apply:
- 100% extended medical
- annual 10% performance based bonus
- annual company trip
- education fund
- Single point of contact and controlling authority for deployment and dispatch of transmission-connected generation facilities and associated equipment to ensure safe and efficient operations in compliance with regulatory and grid operator requirements.
- Monitor real-time performance of the renewable fleet, seeking to optimize safety, power generation and regulatory compliance
- Investigating alarms and remotely resetting wind turbines or other resettable turbines, generator, or system faults
- Monitoring trends in facility performance, weather, and resource to proactively identify potential issues
- Notifying facility operators of trend or fault issues, communicating effectively to support them as much or as little as required to optimize staff and public safety, the environment, and power generation
- Supporting safe operations of remote facilities by acting as a call-point and monitor for lone workers
- Coordinating, facilitating, and tracking planned and forced outages to ensure a safe and effective de-energization or restoration process is maintained.
- Use 3-Part Communication with field personnel, regional transmission organizations (RTO’s), and independent system operators (ISO’s) when communicating during all real-time activities.
- Document all operating events in accordance with BEROC procedures, ensuring management of change and inter-shift BEROC communication standards are always upheld.
- Support the development, deployment, and continual improvement of standard and emergency operating procedures, as well as work instructions, and proactively participate in their continual improvement and enhancement where needed.
- Operate and monitor SCADA systems and related analytics tools to ensure functionality and effective performance is maintained, reporting to field staff all irregularities in data, communications, or control capabilities.
- Support the compilation of relay reports, equipment data, and historical data trend analysis to document all operating events/non-compliances for follow-up.
- Effectively coordinate all normal and emergency control room activities, with field personnel and technicians, head office staff and external entities.
- Electrical/Mechanical or Engineering Technology diploma or degree and/or equivalent operational experience
- May be required to be certified and qualified in the recognized work protection practices and NERC Operator certification where applicable.
- Experience working in power generation, transmission, or distribution industry with strong preference towards renewable power experience.
- Remote operations or related experience in control/dispatch-type environments is desirable.
- Experience working around high, medium, and low voltage equipment.
- Technical knowledge of renewable power generation operations, functionality, and design.
- Ability to read and interpret SLD’s and other procedural manuals and schematics.
- Ability to travel occasionally within Canada and USA
- Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered.